Terms and Conditions
- Glee Club UK® aims to provide a fun and friendly environment for its members. Attendees are asked to respect this aim and to act in a suitably positive manner during sessions and performance events. We are about the community and lean enthusiastically towards the “inclusive” and smiley side of things. Please be nice!
- As a registered member of Glee Club UK® you are entitled to own and wear the Glee Club UK® T-shirt and will have access to the members’ area on the website. Here you can view, listen to or download arrangements, rehearsal tracks and video materials. Some resources are also available in hard copy at sessions. After a period of non-attendance, your account will become inactive. Upon return, it will be reactivated and you will, once again have full access to the members' area and associated privileges.
- Glee Club UK® is open to everyone, 16 years and over, provided that they can and are prepared to take an active part in proceedings.
- It is agreed that you will respond nicely to the requests and leadership of the Glee Captains and their assistants.
- Casual visitors are permitted to attend without pressure to register, but are not permitted to take arrangements or rehearsal CDs away from sessions.
- As a registered member you are encouraged to promote the reputation of Glee Club UK® in a positive manner. Please have honestly nice things to say about your experience. If you have a worry or gripe of any kind, we would like to be the first ones to hear about it and, if at all possible, work with you to fix it and make amends.
Photographs, video footage and audio recordings may be made at sessions or performance events and include any or all of those persons in attendance. Such material may be used for marketing or advertising purposes in relation to Glee Club UK.
COPYRIGHT NOTICES AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The musical and vocal arrangements, choreographic routines and all related rehearsal materials are owned by Glee Club UK® Limited and are protected by international copyright law. The use of said resources is restricted to Glee Club UK® activities. None of these resources or materials are to copied, altered or used in any way at any event not involving Glee Club UK® and are not to be passed on to other groups or societies outside of Glee Club UK.
All marks indicated on our website are trademarks of Glee Club UK® Limited. Said trademarks are not to be used in connection with any other business or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, or in any manner discredits or disparages Glee Club UK.
SESSIONS AND FEES
1. Sessions are run weekly in terms, loosely corresponding to the local authority school terms. Session dates are generally posted in advance on your particular club notice board on the website. Glee Club UK reserves the right to alter dates at short notice.
2. Sessions last for between ninety minutes and two hours.
3. Your £15 joining fee includes a free Glee Club UK T-shirt and access to the members area of the GCUK website.
4. A session fee of £8.00 is payable by both members and casual visitors on the door. First time visitors can try Glee Club UK for free at a taster session. Thereafter, they will pay £8 on the door.
5. Members have the option to pre-pay their sessions for a whole term at a cost of £60. This entitles you to attend every available session at your home club for that term at a heavily discounted rate. This £60 can also be spread over the four month period containing that term, paid by standing order at £15. You agree to honour this standing order until the end of the four month period containing the term, even when during the fourth month there may be no sessions.
6. There can be no refunds of the joining fee and membership is non-transferable between people.
7. Refunds for on-the-door entry fees and termly subscriptions are at the sole discretion of Glee Club UK and will depend on circumstances.
8. Should your club close for whatever reason, your membership will be transferred to another Glee Club UK branch within a radius of 5 miles.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Glee Club UK® are not responsible for damage to persons or personal belongings whilst attending sessions or performance events and activities.
- Personal information is held by us at Glee Club UK® solely for our own use and will not be passed on to third parties or other organisations without your consent.
- Email addresses of casual attendees and others contacting Glee Club UK® are recorded. Such email addresses will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
Glee Club UK® reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
Glee Club UK® Limited is a company registered in England, no. 7253126.
Glee Club UK® Ltd., PO Box 4180, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG42 9LN
Glee Club UK® is a registered trademark